BaselineES is looking to hire an energetic, self-motivated and flexible person who enjoys complex problem solving as a field commissioning engineer. Field commissioning engineers are responsible for commissioning new and existing buildings and their systems, with a focus on commercial refrigeration and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning and controls systems.
Our ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and enjoy working with their hands, and will be able to safely and comfortably work in and around commercial and industrial, including high voltage, equipment. They will have knowledge, experience and aptitude for working with basic tools and meters. Additionally, the field engineer will be responsible for interacting with clients, other contractors and engineers in the field, and must be able to effectively communicate with these other parties. Field engineers travel extensively to client sites across the U.S., though will operate primarily within their home geographic region to the extent possible.
Responsibilities will include:
- Commission new and existing facilities and their mechanical and energy-consuming systems
- Use commissioning software on an iPad to record the results of the commissioning process
- Work with other field commissioning engineers and office staff to improve our processes
- Work closely with technicians from other companies that also serve our clients
- Understand and effectively communicate the theoretical and practical aspects of our projects
- Provide technical support to clients and other parties, remotely and in the field
- Troubleshoot and diagnose control, refrigeration, and HVAC systems
- Functional testing of equipment
- Extensive travel
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering or building science
- Experience with basic tools and meters
- Experience working with Building Control Systems and/or HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Ability to read wiring diagrams a plus
- Ability to think critically, and aptitude for complex problem solving
- An interest in energy efficiency projects
- Valid driver’s license
- Building Commissioning Professional Certification a plus
- LEED AP BD+C certification a plus
Individuals with experience in commissioning, building control systems, or HVAC and refrigeration engineering or service are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a field-based position that requires frequent travel, by both road and air. A company vehicle may be provided. Work is performed at customer facilities, primarily in mechanical and electrical rooms, cold storage areas, and on top of roofs.
BaselineES’s field engineers earn a competitive salary and vacation time, supplemented with bonus vacation time in exchange for time spent traveling. BaselineES also offers a 401(k) program and heavily company-subsidized health and dental benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume describing your interest in this position and relevant qualifications.