As a member of the BaselineES Remote Services Center (RSC), the Remote Monitoring Engineer is an integral part of delivering our refrigeration and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance management services for our grocery retail clients. The successful applicant will receive alarm notifications and inbound calls from store personnel, remotely assess HVAC & refrigeration issues, remotely resolve issues when possible, and dispatch the regional service provider when necessary to remedy issues on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely, courteous, and informed customer service
- Providing remote support to service providers
- Remotely connecting to grocery retail stores using building control system software
- Collecting key, real-time HVAC & refrigeration system and equipment data
- Identifying issues with HVAC & refrigeration system and equipment performance
- Reviewing issues and implementing or overseeing action plans to resolve them
- Creating and dispatching work orders to HVAC & refrigeration service providers
- Updating databases
- Completing occasional projects regarding issue analysis or workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred, or Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline, or corresponding work experience
- Understanding of HVAC & refrigeration systems, or the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to learn new software
- Ability to think critically and conduct complex investigatory problem solving
- Highly organized, with superb attention to detail
This is an office-based position that requires long hours at a computer and frequent handling of phone calls. Remote Services Center employees may be based in our office in Yarmouth, ME, or work remotely. Employees work in 12-hour shifts on a rotating schedule throughout all 7 days and nights of the week, including holidays. Typically, employees work 3 days or nights in a row, followed by 2 days/nights off.
RSC employees earn a competitive base salary and vacation time, supplemented with bonus pay and vacation time in exchange for shifts performed on company-recognized holidays. BaselineES also offers a 401(k) program and heavily company-subsidized health and dental benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume describing your interest in this position and relevant qualifications.